FIFTH ELSO Certified Comprehensive Adult ECMO Course
Online text and hands-on simulation based
International Candidates for ECMO who are not able to attend Two-days contact program at India due to pandemic can attend the workshop virtually and will get the same certificate.
ADDRESSES BASIC ELEMENTS
Addresses basic elements in the delivery of Veno-Venous (V-V ECMO) and Veno-Arterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (V-A ECMO).
DESIGNED FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
Designed for healthcare professionals managing patients with refractory respiratory or circulatory failure requiring extracorporeal life support.
- Pre Course structured modules will be sent .
- The content has been developed along with our international and national experts.
- Online video lectures will supplement the content
- Contact programme date : 11th ,12th and 13th November, 2021
- Face to Face personalized interaction with our national faculty
- Simulator based case scenarios.
- Course success – will be determined on the basis of
- MCQ based exit exam.
- Practical assessment of performance during simulator scenarios.
- Each delegate will have to face simulation based case scenarios.
- Ability to react under pressure as a team will be the mainstay of the simulation.
- Both VA and VV will be covered: technical and clinical aspects.
- Inspired and based on what an ECMO specialist might actually face in real life situations.
- Each scenario will be followed by a debriefing.
Course Date & Venue
CONTACT PROGRAMME: 11th ,12th and 13th NOVEMBER, 2021
VENUE: MEDITORIUM, FIRST FLOOR, FORTIS MEMORIAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE, GURGAON, HARYANA 122002.
Comprises of four pillars of any comprehensive academic programme.
Sent as easily comprehensible online text so that you can read at your convenience and come prepared for contact programs. Audio Visual lectures will supplement them
Simulated Clinical Scenarios
You need to be ready to face the problems of the real world. Best way to do that without harming a patient is simulation based training on mannequins and softwares.
To build up on your theoretical knowledge,intensive hands on practice on the machine and circuits is a must
One to One Interaction
You will get the chance to interact with the best minds in the field in India and outside during the contact program. They will also assess your knowledge in the post test.
Module 1 :
Module 2 :
The ECMO Circuit
Module 3 :
Cannulation Techniques : Techniques and Adverse Events
Module 4 :
Coagulation and Anticoagulation
ECMO FOR RESPIRATORY CONDITIONS: VV ECMO:
Module 5 :
a) Indications and Contraindications
b) ARDS Pre ECMO
Module 6 :
Monitoring and Managing the Patient on VV ECMO
a) Cardiovascular Support
b)Right Heart Failure
c) Hepato-renal systems
Module 7 :
a) Weaning and Decanulation
b) Outcome and Complications
Module 8 :
b) Awake ECMO
Module 9 :
Indications and Contraindications
Module 10 :
a) Monitoring and Managing the Patient on VA ECMO
b) Unloading the Left Ventricle
Module 11 :
Respiratory management and Neuromonitoring on VA ECMO
Module 12 :
Weaning and Decanulation
Module 13 :
Complications and Outcomes
Module 14 :
Module 15 :
Module 16 :
Monitoring the ECMO Machine
Module 17 :
Module 18 :
Module 19 :
Ethics and ECMO
Module 20 :
Setting up an ECMO Programme
Get a certificate
For more details contact :
Dr Madhur Arora : + 91 98993 45337
Dr Munish Chauhan : +91 96507 73633
Mr. Naveen Chandra : +919891 411977
Email : email@example.com